Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Please Pray!!

I can't believe I am writing about the fires again. It has been a very tough summer up here. We drove up to Paradise last night to help some friends of ours from Church evacuate their home and get their cars and stuff down to Chico. The smoke was so bad yesterday and it was raining ash down in Chico that they postponed All Stars again. It is not only the smoke but is the heat it is supposed to be 113 degrees today. They were evacuating a hospital in Paradise this morning. We have seen fires almost non stop since June 11. Chico is fine but smokey. So far our friends house and Paradise is fine. Please pray for the people having to evacuate, the fire fighters who have to work the fire lines in this heat and they are saying they are doing 24 hour shifts (we have seen crews from all over Cal. including down south), and anyone who is having trouble with the smoke. Thanks for your prayers.
By the way we are snake sitting for our friends that were evacuated. Boys are loving it Mom not so much!! It better stay in that cage or else!! (Mom will move out)

3 comments:

Susanz Place said...

sheri - get that thing out of your house - YIKES!!!!! it makes me swallow hard just looking at it. I would have nightmares for sure. you are one great friend - i wouldn't snake sit even for my sis. yuck!

Blessed said...

Sheri,
I don't love anyone enough to snake sit for them. No way!!

You are very brave to bring that thing into your house, especially with 4 boys. Yikes!! Have fun!! :)

Anonymous said...

We are praying....I don't think I could even let that "thing" in my house! You are brave!