Monday, October 13, 2008

VALOR is a TEENAGER!!!!!!!!

Wow. Can't believe we have a teenager. We don't feel old enough :-) Not only is it Valor's 13th birthday but it is also his golden birthday, 13 on the 13th. Big day. While I was looking back at these pictures, it seems like another life time. I put so many pictures on here so I will try to make the words short.
We are so proud of Valor and the young man that he is becoming. He loves the Lord and is not afraid to share Him with anyone. He is our evangelist at school and with his friends. He stands up for what he believes in the classroom and is not afraid to speak out. He loves going to Youth Group Bible Study at Matthew's Cafe and Calvary Chapel .

He loves sports: soccer, baseball, hockey, etc. He would try just about any sport. When he is not playing sports, he loves hanging out with his friends. He has a great group of friends. He has been playing the bass guitar at school for three years now. He is also our book worm. We can't keep enough books in this house for him to read. He is a great student and loves school.

We used to jokingly pray for the Lord to come back before we had teenagers, but we are actually looking forward to this phase (most of it). We love being able to have "adult" conversations with him about politics, religion, and just everyday life. This is the age that they start making more "life" decisions for themselves and it is exciting and scary all at the same time.

Well Valor, happy birthday. We are very proud of the young man you are becoming. The verse we have chosen for you is:
I Timothy 4:12 "Let no one despise your youth, but be an example to the believers in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, in purity."
Love you,
Mom, Dad, Ethan, Jadon, Breandan

2 Months old
8 months old



2 years old


Valor 4 years old, Ethan 2 years


4 years old


Daddy and Valor 5 years old


First day of kindergarten

Valor 6th Birthday, Joey Kovacs 5 years old

7 years old Space Camp


8 years old

Valor 9 years old, Jadon 4 years old


10 years old (Uncle Neil & Aunt Holly's wedding)


Valor 10, Breandan 1 1/2


Mommy and Valor (1o)


Valor 11 years old

Jumping off the rocks at Bear Hole - 12 years old
12 years old


Playing cards with Mema 12 years old


Valor and Joey 12 years old


7 comments:

Cameron Kovacs said...

Look How Much He's Grown!! We, too, are proud of your young man!
Happy Birthday, Valor!
Uncle Cameron and
Aunt Andrea

Janet Benlien Reeves said...

Happy birthday, Valor! Congratulations, Sheri and Jayson--enjoy the great adventure!

Love, The Reeves Family

God's Girl said...

Happy Birthday Valor! I can't believe how fast the time goes.

I pray that you have a wonderful year!

Julie K

My Blessed Life said...

Happy Birthday Valor! WOW how time flies. God bless.

cindy said...

Hi Sheri -
I can't believe Valor is 13 - I remember when you & Jay were single and not even dating yet - Where does the time go? - too fast for me - I guess I am getting old even if I don't want to admit it - I did hit the 5-0 mark so that is pretty crazy for me - I still remember you guys coming over for Christmas & BBQ sandwiches one Sunday & it just seems like yesterday - You have an awesome family & it is so neat to see what you guys have been up to - I love hearing how well the boys are doing & it is so exciting to see what God has planned for them - Love ya guys !! Cindy

Julee Huy said...

Wow! What an amazing thing. It makes me feel old to think of Valor as that little 2 year old and then I see him and he is grown so old. wow!

Blessed said...

Happy Birthday, Valor!

Sheri, you're right. You and Jay aren't old enough to have a teenager. How did this happen??

What a nice young man you've raised. Good job.

Miss you guys!