Monday, October 6, 2008

Back Again finally

I can't believe it has taken me so long to post again. We have had some crazy weeks. Anyways, thanks for the responses about "Quality people". Lots of good things to think about. God showed me a lot in it but to make it short I think, the main thing is how do I see people. Do I look at people and and find them less quality then myself?, Do I compare them to me (or others) or do I compare myself to others and Do I look for quality in myself based on others or on Christ. Well I know where my flesh wants to go with this one but I know I need to guard myself against that. Christ should be our measurement for quality of ourselves (we are not to judge others) and as long as we strive to be like him (though we will not make it in this life) we are on the right track.

There are a few Casting Crowns songs that talk about the church, that this really made me think about. Some of the songs off their first album "Casting Crowns" talks about the church and what is the "church" really doing to reach people. Are we looking for comfort in where we are (or what church we go to)? Or are we reaching out to those that the world sees as less "Quality", the ones that might make us uncomfortable, the ones that need Christ just as much as those that are considered to have "Quality" in the world. Christ hung out with the people that were not considered quality in his day, very few times was he with the "Religious Leaders" and when he was it was not usually good. I guess where we are at is going to depend on our maturity in Christ and where we are in our walks with him. All of our needs are different and they are different at different times of our lives.

OK so I went a couple of different directions here and it was not exactly short. I hope this all makes sense, to you as I try to explain here what God was showing me with this.

No comments: